My sweet little Bubba, today you are three months old. You are no longer a newborn, but have reached ‘infant’ status.
I can hardly believe it.
You are starting to (loosely) fit into your 3-6 month size clothes, which is exciting, yet I can’t help but feel a bit sad as I begin to pack all your tiny little 0-3month onesies away.
So what have you been up to this month?
* * You love to smile at people—especially girls (watch out, ladies! He’s a flirty little bug)
* * You’re a pro at holding your head up, and you have been for a long time now.
* * You hold on to things now—especially your rattle.
* * You definitely have your full-on chubby baby cheeks now!
* * You rolled over from your tummy to your back. It’s only happened a few times, but I know it won’t be long before you’re rolling all around!
* * You can sit in your Bumbo chair and play in your Jumperoo.
* * You are a social bug! Whenever we take you somewhere new, you would much rather look at everything than take a nap.
* * You found your hands, which are constantly now in your mouth.
* * You sleep unswaddled, even at night.
* * You can stand up (briefly) with minimal support from mommy or daddy.
* * You can wear a hat without fussing.
* * You like baths—mostly.
* * You are rockin’ the cloth diapers! I know this is more mommy and daddy’s doing, but you look so cute in them, I had to add some pictures.
* * You can fall asleep all on your own.
* * You’ve moved up a clothing size—you now are proudly sporting your 3-6month clothes!
I love to watch you as you grow—learning and doing new things every day. Most days I’m excited to one day see your first steps, see you taste your first ‘solid’ food, and hear your first word.
But not today. Today, I would very much appreciate it if you slowed down a bit. Because before long, you will outgrow the changing table that you love. You won’t need your midnight feedings anymore, which—although exhausting—are so precious to me. You won’t need your crib and play gym mat for your playtime because you won’t be lying on your back to play anymore—you’ll be rolling, crawling, and eventually running around. For sure, your cute little tush won’t fit in one my hand as it does today when I carry you around.
Your daddy and I love you so much and can’t imagine our lives without you. God sent you to us as a perfect gift that He knew we needed. We are excited to continually see the little person God created you to be. We see it in your passionate personality: your inquisitiveness, your eagerness to see and hear and touch everything (we know that the ‘tasting everything’ will come all in good time!). You are beautifully and wonderfully made.
Thank you for being such a joy in our lives!
All my love,
Mommy (and Daddy)